Saturday, September 20, 2008

Short, Sweet, and on the Move



Wow...This is the first post NOT frm my phone in about...well since I got down here. KT's mom is down visiting and I finished homework early so I am blogging. Quickly. I am whipping up a proposal for an IT symposium that is being held in Sioux City, IA this week. That brings me to how my schedule has been.
In the past 3 weeks, I have: implemented a new backup system (restored 196 GB to a server in about 1.5 hours..wicked fast), I have decommisioned 3 servers and brought 3 new ones online, battled various 2k3 service pack issues as well as getting Sophos (Antivirus) up and running, there was a lot more, but I am sure ya'll r sleepin already (haha funny southern draaawl).

This week starts at about 4am monday morning. I drop KT and her mom off at the airport at 5am. I go to work and test out the new tracking system for the Rail-yard at the plant (Yes we have trains there). I fly out to Sioux City at 5 pm to get in at 10:30 pm. Tuesday and Wednesday I am at the symposium. Thursday I fly out at 1 pm and get back to BA (Broken Arrow, OK) at 5pm. Friday, I go to work and then fly into ORD at around 7 pm (Yes I will be in IL for about an hour, sorry, no wings stop this time) and I get to see my dad for the first time since his accident. I am REALLY excited to see the fam. It feels like YEARS. Anyways, my family is going to stop up to WI and visit on Saturday. Sunday morning I fly out at 2 PM. Truthfully, I was trying to figure out a way to attend service at Stone, but I don't know how to fit it in....I will have to see how the timing goes...I miss that part of my family too. :-S
Anyways....Sorry for the intermittent posts. I will try to be better.
Although it has been crazy busy, I am loving the new job, the new lifestyle and the area. I guess I would never have thought that Broken Arrow, Oklahoma could be so beautiful.

1 comment:

Erik Scottberg said...

sounds like you're a bit more busy than the guy in the video.

and watch that drawl...i may have to disown you.