Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Purpose driven, spirit filled.

This weekend with the Stone Crew was amazing...as always.
I don't know what it is, but I get a charge out of seeing that light that comes into student's eyes when it all kinda clicks.
I love that I got to be a part of something that special and that important.

One of the most moving things that I noticed this weekend is that there were a lot of new students. To me, it means that the word is getting out. About the Crew. About Jesus. Judging by the moist eyes (including mine. Read: my eyes were leaking) in the group, it was clear that Jesus was touching the student's hearts. Where ever your faith started this weekend, I would like to think that you ended somewhere closer to God.

It is tremendous to me that our relationship with Jesus is ours alone. Just like everyone is unique, I believe everybody's relationship with Jesus is unique. How wonderful is it that He knows how best to communicate with us.

I pray that the students that attended WR09 (and all students really) continue to seek, continue to grow, continue to love and continue to get the word out.
I said this after WR08: Don't let it stop here. Don't let it fade. Don't shrug it off because you are back in school and away from the Crew. Keep encouraging each other and help each other to further your relationships with each other and with God.

To Pastor Erik, Bethany and the rest of the leaders of the Crew: Thank you. Again, I never know who gets more out of the weekend: the students, or me. You are, as always doing great things for the students, every single one. I know that every student that attended the weekend left changed.

To the Crew: Don't ever stop. Keep it going. Bring what you have learned and experienced into the other parts of your life. Carry it with you into the next phase of your life...but more importantly, scatter it among the people that you come in contact with and build upon it with everything that you do.

No comments: