Sunday, August 30, 2009

Getting Started.

Today I was reminded of how imperfect we are. I mean that in a good way. I had some really great conversations with the young men in my group about how to deal with conflict amongst friends. We were talking about how to deal with a friend who had let you down or even had done worse.

We talked about how Jesus dealt with denial and betrayal, specifically the example of Peter denying Jesus 3 times prior to the rooster making his call.
First off, Jesus knew it was going to happen beforehand and was still calm about it. How many of us could even think of staying calm at that point...let alone going through with what you have to do without AT LEAST getting slightly irritated about it?

Anyways, it struck true to me. I tend to be overly direct with people to put it politely. In doing so, I tend to come off as a bit brusque with people that do not hold to their end of a bargain or agreement.

I realized that I really need to work on how I handle disappointment and more pointedly, how I can relate my experiences and the lessons that I have learned to other people, in hopes that they might grow without having to experiencing some of the hardships that I have gone through.

Sorry for the semi rambling thoughts...I have more than a few really big points to make, but my brain has not finished processing them yet.

1 comment:

Laura Ashley Prosapio said...

Sometimes I wonder that too...how Jesus was able to face what lay ahead of Him. Yet He kept thinking about how much He loved us, and that's why He went through with the betrayal. That truly is love.