Saturday, October 11, 2008

Safari's Animal Sanctuary

OK. I have been here almost 4 months and we went to Safari's Animal Sanctuary. I have to say that it was a truly wonderful experience. We got to feed tigers and lions (no bears) but oh my! (you knew that was coming. I think that I might try and volunteer there seeing as my attempt to help out with the youth at agcoweta.com is delayed by a few months (they have a six month mandatory waiting period). Here is a picture of a Liger (Dad was a LIon mom was a tiGER)


Here is a video of our friends feeding the liger:


I will post more about this later this weekend. We had a blast!

4 comments:

Erik Scottberg said...

did it the liger use any of it's magical skill?

Mike Stenglein said...

LOL...nope although he was pretty loud.

Anonymous said...

His name is Rocky =D I got to work with this place and he was amazing. Feeding him chicken was pretty awesome, ecspecially on the tour days.

Anonymous said...

His name is Rocky =D I got to work with this place and he was amazing. Feeding him chicken was pretty awesome, ecspecially on the tour days.