Thursday, January 31, 2008

and he made a car.

As we advance in life we learn the limits of our abilities.
-Henry Ford

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.
-Henry Ford

A family friend gave me a plaque with this second saying on it when I was about 10 years old. I still have it. I still think about it and it still means a lot to me. The plaque itself probably cost about $2.
I would never take back anything that I have done in my life. Those things make me who I am.

But sometimes I think back and I wish I had done more before someone told me that those things were not possible. When you are a kid, you don't know about gravity, so flying through the air like a super hero doesn't seem so far fetched. Climbing a tree just for the view seemed like a pretty good idea.

If I could impart any wisdom (not saying I have any) unto today's youth it would be: Hold onto that disbelief of the "known facts" of life. Respect authority, but challenge it. That is where change comes from. At one point in time, I am sure someone told Orville and Wilbur Wright that they were nuts.

1 comment:

AnneJuliet said...

but, you did ask. if you linked to it.

ha.

:)
A

thanks for reading.