Friday, February 22, 2008

Misteaks Happen

Keep Right

Misteaks Happen. All the time.
I make them more than most (I feel anyways). but we all make them. Big and small.
Sometimes we don't know that we are making them, sometimes we mean to.
The only thing that we can do is try to minimize how many we make and the damage that they cause.
One way to do this is to try and do the right thing, no matter what. Not always easy.

There are six things that you should ALWAYS do after making a mistake:

1. Apologize. Immediately. Sincerely. And never couple an apology with an excuse. Of any kind.
Just don't do it.

2. Learn from it. The course of life is a steep learning curve for us all. Don't miss the lesson.

3. Don't repeat it. This may take time to master, but will save you and others pain in the future.

4. Atone for it. With God. With others. With yourself.

5. Forgive. Yourself. Or others if you are on the recieving end.

6. Forget it. Not the lesson that you learned from it, but let the transgression go.

3 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

what about hitting your wife in the face with a dodgeball. does that count as a mistake?

Mike Stenglein said...

Still in #4 for that one I think.
:-P

Monst3rjoe said...

I like this blog a lot man. It seems so straight forward but it definitely is not. I just like many, have a horrible time getting over myself whenever I make a mistake. It's not like I'm a perfectionist, but I quite often get very down on myself. For now on, everytime I make a mistake I will remember these steps. IN ORDER ^__^