Monday, February 4, 2008

Not new year...new you.

Look...This is gonna be pretty brief (hehe). I have never really been into new years resolutions. Probably because they never work. Ha. Truly, the only one that can make it work is me.( + a whole lot of help from God).
I have never stuck to them.

But I realized that I am actually really angry with myself. I have some bad habits. I have been trying to be good, but they keep creeping back into my routine. Anybody else get really disappointed/angry with themselves? Sure you don't.

Anyways. I am putting myself on trial for the next two weeks. I can do two weeks. Can you?

I don't know that anyone reads this much, I probably only have one reader (read: ME)
But I am challenging myself to a two week sprint, till Youth Retreat with the Crew.

Anyways. I am challenging myself to give up my biggest vice starting Tuesday morning when I wake up(None of this midnight stuff).

Here's the thing: Be honest. Do you think that you can do two weeks without giving in to your biggest vice (this is not one of those fast food deals, or giving up sweets, or soda). Everyone has that one thing that they know they are not supposed to do (gossip, slander, fibbing, being lazy etc).

Do you dare to do this with me. It's an honor system deal. The only two that will know that you broke it are you and God. So, the only person that will hold you accountable is you.

If you are up for it, just sound off that you are in by leaving a comment.

I don't want to know your vice (again the only person that knows what you are giving up is you). Here's the catch. No slip ups. No oops...ok I start over...Oh...wait a minute, okay....start.....NOW.

No. None of that.

Now, those of you that read this and don't do this (you know who you are), at least ask yourself why.

No vice for 2 weeks.
Can you do it? If you are reading this still...WILL you do this. Well?

Bring it.

6 comments:

AnneJuliet said...

hey there, i wish you luck. my vice (i'm sure you can guess) and i parted ways 22 days ago. just seeing how far i can take it, one day at a time. actually, its going really well. i'm happy to be a support and/or give you some tips if you need them. i'm with you though in giving up what ever you need to give up on your own first. i brought mine public recently for a little added help from the peanut gallery, but i needed to do it solo for a bit first.

anyway, i wish you well on your venture.

and this time you asked;)

Bethany Patrice said...

i will join you..the problem is, I don't know if I can narrow the target to just one vice. I think I'll start with the one that affects not only me, but my family. I am going to make good choices, and I am going to daily admit my need for God to transform who I am.

Katie said...

I am in and I am here to support you... we will make eachother accountable! I will be praying for everyone who is taking the challenge... please pray for me too :)
May everyone know that you can trust God with whatever you give him!

Erik Scottberg said...

i'm in. but i'm with bethany...there are too many to count sometimes!

AnneJuliet said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AnneJuliet said...

that's the beauty of picking just one to start. you slowly chip away at what ails you--one 'vice' or challenge at a time. its easier than taking on the world all at once.