Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Bad Karma?

OK. I am tired of the media reporting on the bad stuff that people say..BUT in this case I do not know what Sharon Stone was thinking. She said that maybe the quake in China was possibly the result of "bad Karma" that stemmed from the Chinese government's treatment of Tibet. See the article here
I get the idea that she is trying to make a statment about the treament of Tibet. I understand that she is trying to make it relevant to current happenings. Seriously Sharon: Don't do that. I bet you that if you pushed the issue of Tibetian injustice out into the media, you would find that the issue would stand upon it's own merit.
The PROBLEM with stunts like this (and the interference with the torch run for the Olympics) is that it jades the public to the issue. Yes, it does call attention to it. But I think of the wrong kind. It would be far better to get information to the masses so that they can make their own decisions.

Anyways....sorry for the rant.
I just wish that the news would have some good things that are happening....does anybody have any good links?

2 comments:

Bethany Patrice said...

I didn't even know sharon stone still lived on our planet. :)

Katie said...

Who cares what Sharon Stone says.... or thinks for that matter. She has proved not to be the sharpest tack in the drawer many times. Maybe the drugs told her it was bad karma.