Monday, June 23, 2008

End of a long day

My day started around 5am. 4am really, but that was because I woke early and could not sleep. Most of the day was just being introduced to new coworkers, all of whom were very nice.
I endured the safety and training videos and went over a few things with Steven, the safety manager.
I went to lunch with my new boss at RibCrib and a few others. We had a pretty good time.
One of the highlights came late in the day when I got to tour the plant.
CLICK HERE to see the overhead view of it on google maps. In case the link fails....it is HUGE!
I also had a conference call with HQ and other plants around the nation. LOL all of us a big bunch of IT nerds got quite a bit accomplished on a single call.
I got home and had to finish homework but now I do not have an assignment until the 13th of July. YAY. One thing off the plate.
Maybe it is the finality of it all, but tonight I really miss everyone back home.

3 comments:

Katie said...

If you play around a bit and hit "satellite.. you can see the overhead view. I'm glad you IT nerds can communicate with EACHOTHER!! hahaha

Bethany Patrice said...

I'm glad you had a good first day on the job. Once your settled in your house, it will start to feel like Oklahoma is "home". :)

Tayg said...

I miss you Mike a whole lot. No one understands pebkac :(