Monday, June 30, 2008

Electric Avenue

So...I got to the Lake Region Electrical Cooperative (LREC) at about 7 am...it only took me about 30 minutes instead of an hour. Anyways I filled out the application and then they told me that they needed $250 deposit (I had been under the impression that it was $25). So I asked and they told me it was a "deposit". By deposit they meant that I could get a check back for $220 of it if I didn't miss a payment for a year OR I could have Com Ed write a letter of recommendation and they would apply the money towards our bill.

So basically I paid them $200 to turn on the electric that never would have been shut off if a realtor had done his job. (Not ours, theirs)
Long story short the electric will be on tomorrow and I will move in if it is on. Otherwise wed.

No comments: