Tuesday, June 17, 2008

What I Meant to Say....Part 3

Stand up.
Stand up and be counted. Stand up and be firm.
Another thing that I have truly learned is to stand up for my faith. A lot of people that I know are "ok" with embracing their faith, but when called to do something in the community...the raised hands seem to disappear. Look. Being part of a community (whether it be a church community, a school community or just a town) is about activity. Being part of a group means we need to take ownership of that group. I see the leaders at Stone Crew leaving a handprint...their imprint on the youth. What an awesome sight it is to see a life changed. But, I think it is time for those that are impacted to start leaving their handprint on the church. Start being active. Start being involved. I have met many youth at Stone...and one of my thoughts is: If you spent 1/4 the energy that you spend trying "not to be invovled" on being active in the group and helping to grow it...you may find that it is something you enjoy.
I used the specific example of the Crew..but it applies (in my mind) to the entire church...to everybody really. Get involved.
I always hear smatterings of "I don't like this." or "I think that it should be done this way!"
Well, at this point we have a choice. 1. We can say something and be heard. 2. We can do something to change it. or 3. We can get over it.
I don't say this to spiteful or mean...merely to motivate.
The point is: take part in what is going on in your community.
Stand up for your faith and stand up for your community. Stand up for God.
Don't back down when you are challenged. Be humble, but be a wall.
Point is that if you are sitting down, in the back of the group "trying not to be noticed" you are missing out...and you deprive those around from learnig from you.
Another thing about sitting down is that life doesn't have stadium seating.
If you sit...you are not gonna get to see what is going on.
If you listen to the Cubs (or Sox*grumble*) on the radio and you have never played baseball or seen it...it is kinda hard to know what is going on. Am I right. Yeah.
Fact is, if you don't stand up and allow the world to see you...you are missing out...but really the world is missing out even more.
You may be the next person to change the world. Scary thought huh. It is true.
Stand up.
Be counted.
Change your life. Change your church. Change your community. Change your world.
With God leading you...Todo es posible (Everything is possible)