Sunday, April 6, 2008

God's Grip

This morning during service, Pastor Flattery talked (among other things) about trust in God. God's Grip Don't Slip. Bad grammer, but very poignant. How many times during our lives do we feel desolate and alone? How many times have we felt like no one cares about what we are going through? Truth is, God does care. Always has, always will. The only thing that He asks, is to have faith and believe. We, as Christians need to have faith and believe that He knows what He is doing. So many times we try to wrestle with giants that are way too big to handle. (I used to do this all the time, still do occasionally) God has always said "Give this to Me!" but a lot of times, I say "No, I got it. I can do this." Fact of the matter is: I can't. You can't. But if we let go and let God? You betcha...He can, and will. We as humans are taught from a young age that the world gives nothing to you and if you want something, you must work for it and take it. While I think this is true to some degree, there are things that we will need help with along the way...someone to cheer us on and give us a helping hand, even though we refuse to see that we need one. Remind you of anyone you know?
Yah. Me too.

Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight.
Proverbs 3:5-6

Add to Technorati Favorites
Furl this page

1 comment:

Katie said...

Praise God... I'd be even more lost than I am :)