Wednesday, April 23, 2008

New Day

Sunrise = New Day

I have said it before: A sunrise is something very special. To me it represents a lot of things: new chance, new day, a chance to start over.
In my mind, a sunrise represents God's love and commitment to us. Kinda his way of loving us unconditionally. No matter what choices we made yesterday (Good or Bad), it is His way of saying "It's okay. I love you anyway."
Even when we cannot actually see the sun because of the clouds, it is still there.
So is God.
Whatever mistakes you made yesterday, realize that with the sunrise...they happened yesterday. Don't dwell on them. Learn from them and move on to today. Whatever good decisions that you made yesterday, capitalise on their outcomes. Don't let it go to waste. With each new day, remember that Jesus loves you. No matter how much we screw up.
When you stop to think about what you are witnessing, a sunrise is enough to bring you to your knees. To me, it is a constant reminder that God is there, right by your side. No matter what you are going through.
I think that each new day becomes even more special when you remember that.
How awesome is that?
Add to Technorati Favorites
Furl this page

2 comments:

Katie said...

Yes! Today is a new day! Let's see where it takes us!

Bethany Patrice said...

I love the opportunity for a new day. I've been trying to teach Parker that God's mercies are new every day, and that what was done in the past stays there.