Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Moving Not

This is off one of my favorite coffee mugs:
To Do Is To Be
Socrates
To Be Is To Do
Plato
DoBeDoBeDo
Sinatra (from "Strangers in the Night")

The 3rd was just for fun. But take a deeper look at the first two.
One simply states: To exist, we must do something.
The other says: To do something, we must exist.

So, by rights, we could have doing=being and being=doing
Essentially two fancy ways of saying the same thing...right?

Comes down to two words: Doing and Being.
Take away either one or the other and you have two verbs...
One suggests a static, unmoving state, the other suggests action, and movement.
So we might really have only two states in our lives: Moving and Not.
So if you are Not Moving, what are you doing? Standing still.
Maybe you should be Moving Not?
What do I mean?

Moving Not ("Not my Job", "Not my Place", "Not my Crowd", "Not my Friends", "Not my Group", "Not my Family") is essential to living.

So many people are so afraid of Not, yet they claim that is what everything is.

You see, if you push Not out of the way you get this:"My Job", "My Place", "My Crowd", "My Friends", "My Group", "My Family".

You get ownership of your life.
Once you have ownership of your life....That's when you can really, truly give yourself to your God.
Once you do that, you realize that all the problems that you are facing....all those "Nots"?? They are essentially just Things that keep us from knowing ourselves and our God.
And what are Not Things to Jesus?
Nothings.

So tell me..What is it that stands between you and your true self? Your true God?

BRING IT.

Add to Technorati Favorites
Furl this page

No comments: