Friday, March 14, 2008

Busy

I sometimes wonder what would happen if my life slowed down a bit. Myabe I need it to slow down? Have more time on my hands.

Pretty much everyday is the same. Up at 4, pray, workout, shower, drink coffee, head to work by 5:45, drink more coffee, Work till 4-5, drive home, eat dinner, do homework, in bed by 11, read my bible, go to sleep. Wash, Rinse, Repeat.

I cherish the moments that I get to spend with my wife (usually sprinkled in between 5-10 pm). My favorite times are when we goof around on Saturday mornings. Probably my favorite time of the week.

Occasionally we stay up quite late during the week (midnight-2am). Just playing catch up. I don't think that anyone can ever spend enough time with loved ones.

On my way to work this morning I thought "What would happpen if I had more time on my hands?" Hmmm.

Would I do something productive? Would I do something to improve this world? Would I start a business again? Maybe game more? (Haven't done that in years.)
IDK.
I know that I would spend more time with my wife. My family (both sides). My friends.

But things don't slow down. Life never really takes the exact turn that we want it to. Fact of the matter is that it is up to me to MAKE the time to do these things.
It is my responsibility to create space for the things that I value: God, my wife, family, youth, friends.
Expanding on that: although life is crazy fast, (a blink of an eye in the grand scheme of things) it is the moments that we get to spend doing the things that we cherish most that we must make the most of. However brief those moments are.

That's why, in my mind it is paramount that we get our priorities straight. What is truly important in your life? Are there things that you can do differently in order to put those important things first?

If so, why haven't you done it?

I love my life, as crazy and stressful as it is. I just need to make sure that nothing gets overlooked. People talk about balanced lives...fact is that our lives are balanced.

We just need to make sure that they are weighted with the proper things.

Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: