Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Serenity

God, give us grace to accept with serenity
the things that cannot be changed,
Courage to change the things
which should be changed,
and the Wisdom to distinguish
the one from the other.

Living one day at a time,
Enjoying one moment at a time,
Accepting hardship as a pathway to peace,
Taking, as Jesus did,
This sinful world as it is,
Not as I would have it,
Trusting that You will make all things right,
If I surrender to Your will,
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life,
And supremely happy with You forever in the next.

Amen.

Reinhold Niebuhr (1892-1971)

Lord, Please help me to be a better person everyday. I want to be more like you.

Lord Help me to use my potential for your will.

As frustrating as it is not being able to see the path you lead me on, I trust in you Lord to put me where I need to be when I need to be there.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Very nice entry.... We will trust in God and he will lead us as individually and as a team where he wants to be. Have a great day!

Monst3rjoe said...

Tis a swell prayer ^__^

Bethany Patrice said...

When most people think of faith, it is in the context of whether or not God exists. I think the harder concept to grasp is having faith that He will lead our steps.